At Diversity Charters, guest safety is our number one priority. The below prevention measures have been implemented to ensure you have a safe and memorable Kimberley escape.
- Any person who is unable to travel to the destination Port due to border closures, will be issued a credit for a future cruise, valid for three years.
- Any person who is not able to join a booked departure because they have tested positive to COVID-19 in the lead up to departure will be offered a credit for the equivalent value of the booking.
- If a guest is not compliant with the WA Government requirements set at the time a credit will be issued to the equivalent value of the booking
- Requests for credits due to the above reasons must be substantiated and approved by Diversity Charters.
- Credits can be transferred to another person, however not redeemable for cash
- Our Full Terms and conditions can be found here: https://diversitycharters.com.
- Entry onto Vessel
- All guests will be subject to a RAT test prior to embarkation. Guests will need to provide proof of negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) 24 hours prior to departure.
- Guest Prevention Measures before Cruising
- Ensure you have access to a RAT test 24 hours prior to boarding. Guests will need to provide proof of negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) 24 hours prior to departure. The RAT is a shallow nasal swab/ saliva swab that is self-administered with a 15 minute turnaround for results. A negative test will be required to board
- Ensure your airline ticket is flexible. All Australian Airlines currently offer flexible ticket booking, so check your policy before booking.
- To reduce the risk of exposure we recommend a mask whilst travelling to your departure port, or on public transport and in terminals. Please maintain Regular hand washing and physical distance in these areas.
- If possible, please minimize your exposure to high-risk activities 7 days prior to your cruise,
- ie: Limit exposure to public spaces/public transport
- Avoid large social gatherings
- Diversity Charters Prevention Measures
- Smaller Vessels- We operate small vessels (19m and 24m), with only 12 guests each on board.
- RAT tests of each guest upon embarking
- Medical Chest and First Aid Responders. A full RFDS Medical Kit with experienced First Aid Crew are on board each cruise.
- Hand Hygiene- All 6 cabins have handwashing basins supplied with handwash and sanitizer, and handwashing instructions.
- The cabins are serviced daily. Crew are trained in COVID-19 Hospitality course, all linen is professionally laundered at high temperatures.
- Our dining service is nearly entirely A la Carte, reducing the risk of contamination through shared meal service
- All areas of the vessel are serviced and cleaned daily to maintain hygiene standards
- Our office staff are in contact with the skipper and provide updates on any COVID changes regarding border closures or outbreaks.
- Satellite phone on board available for guest use
- Response Plan
Diversity Charters Response plan has been approved by Health WA:
- Rapid Antigen Testing Kits are onboard and will be administered if a guest presents with symptoms.
- Medical care of the patient including isolation, testing, medical monitoring, oxygen if necessary
- Regular communication to onshore office regarding COVID updates
- Communicate to guests on board and to emergency contacts
- Evacuation via sea plane if necessary
- Onshore deep cleaning of vessel upon returning to Port